Friday, May 16, 2008

Day 29

Well I am off to a meeting with my sponsor where I am going to collect my 30 day chip. I know it is a day early, but I won't be able to go to a meeting tomorrow. Then we are going to go out to lunch where we are going to go over step one. I wrote down an inventory of my drinking and it really amazes me just how much alcohol I have drank through the years and how I really didn't seem to have any control of my drinking or how I just didn't have any desire to change. I guess I just had to truly hit bottom before I could open my eyes. Then I am going to hang out with my girlfriend for the rest of the weekend. We are going to go miniature golfing with her sister and husband and their son and just generally do sober stuff. On a weekend. Can you believe it?!! Normally I would only be looking forward to the bars. Anyway I hope you all have a safe and sober weekend. Take Care.

1 comment:

dAAve said...

I am sure you will enjoy the weekend like you've never done before.
CONGRATS on the 30 days!!!