Monday, May 19, 2008

Day 32

I hope everybody had great sober weekend. I know I did.

So, I went to a meeting on Fri with my sponsor, and I really enjoyed myself. It was a much larger and more diverse meeting. A couple of people that spoke were really funny and inspiring, so I guess you all were right about not every meeting being depressing. In Fact, I think that I will try to go to that meeting whenever I get the chance. I also collected my 30 day chip, which was pretty cool. Then we went out to lunch after the meeting and worked on Step 1. Which was nice, although I could tell people sitting next to us could hear what we were talking about, because they kept giving us these sidelong glances, but I didn't care. After that I went over to my girlfriend's house and we just relaxed.

Then on Sat we went to go see the new Narnia movie. It was really good by the way. I read all the books when I was a kid, and even though I don't remember what happened in them I know I enjoyed them quite a bit, and the movie kind of brought some of those memories back. Then we went out bowling that night with her sister and brother-in-law and their son and a couple of their friends. It was funny too, because every time I have ever gone bowling in the past I have always drank, the two went hand-in-hand. So it was nice to not do it this time, and even though her sisters friends were drinking I didn't feel any pressure to join them. Then on Sun, me and a few other soldiers I work with were voluntold to perform a flag ceremony for a local event in town. Not how I would have liked to spend my Sun but at least we got a free lunch out of it. Needless to say my weekend went by kind of fast, but at least I remember everything I did. Have a great sober day. Take Care.

1 comment:

Bill said...

"Voluntold." I'll be using that word, now that I've heard it.

The first step is very important. I've heard it's the only one we must do perfectly.

I hope you have a good Memorial Day weekend.