Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day 35

Well the weather is still horrible so it looks like camping is definitely not in the cards. Oh well, I guess I will just have to go see the New Indiana Jones movie. I absolutely loved all the other ones, so I hope this one lives up to my expectations. Also, if anybody read yesterdays post I just want to apologize for my little rant. I was just in a bad mood and let my feelings get a little out of control. Speaking of my post yesterday, I got a nasty comment from some guy named MICKY. Have any of you gotten one from him too? It seemed like it was canned, like he just cut and pasted it, and it was all about how he thinks that AA is a product of Satan and how it is brainwashing people. Does this type of thing happen alot in blog land? I just thought that it was completely inappropriate, so of course I didn't publish it, but whatever, I guess there are crazy people everywhere. So far my blogging experience has been entirely positive, and I guess it couldn't last forever. If I choose to use AA as my way of combating my alcoholism then it is my decision. I am not being brainwashed into it. And if sometime in the future I find that it doesn't agree with me then let me come to my own conclusions, don't come at me like some virtual Jehovah's witness, knocking on my door when you know that I don't want to hear anything you have to say. OK, MICKY? Leave me alone and don't send my anymore of your negative and hateful comments!!

Now that that is over with, I hope that all of you happy and positive people out there enjoy your brainwashing and have a safe and sober weekend as a result. I will see you all on Tuesday. Take Care.

5 comments:

Bill said...

Welcome to official AA Bloggerburg, now that you have been visited by The Bitter One.

Have a good time this weekend!

Oh, and thanks for the comment on my blog. I left an answer of sorts in a subsequent comment.

dAAve said...

Don't worry about Micky. He visits all of us from time to time and leaves multiple comments about how much he hates AA, Bill W and everything we stand for.
That's OK. He has the freedom to do that and be abusive if he likes. He is only hurting himself. He's the one who has to live with it.
You just live your own life as a recovering alkie and let him be. I have prayed for him a few times.

Kathy Lynne said...

Hey! Congratulations on 35 days! Woo hoo!! You have now been christened by Mickey..that makes you official. Like Dave said, he is one to be prayed for...read page 552 in the Big Book. I tried having a discussion with him when he first posted to me but it wasn't worth it. He's not interested in discussion.

Anyway, glad you are still here...I really identified with you when you came clean about why you enlisted. I spent years telling people that the reason I dropped out of college was because I had social worker burnout...just from doing fieldwork. But the truth was I was drinking so much I flunked out. Its good to be sober and discover your true motivations....and turn it around....keep coming!

Mary Christine said...

Like they have said, welcome to sober blogging. You could say that now you have arrived, so to speak.

Glad you are staying sober.

ms. fits chicago said...

Yes, it's only a matter of time before Micky will find you... don't let him knock you off track.