Monday, June 9, 2008

Day 53/40 to go

The title of my post denotes how many days sober and how many day of extra duty I have left. I don't know if it will make it go by slower or not, but what the hell, I'll give it a shot. My first five days went by pretty fast. Luckily I only work Mon-Thurs, so I am not required to work as many hours on the weekend. And since I am done whenever my tasks are completed, not at a specific time, I have not been required to work the full hours yet. Which has been nice. Especially because my girlfriend spent the weekend with me. So it gave me a few extra hours to spend with her. She has also been really supportive through this, which has made it a lot easier to deal with it, and it's nice to have someone to spend time with after I am done with my extra duty. Unfortunately she will be going to the Cayman Islands, with a few of her friends for a week and a half, in about a week and a half, so this weekend will be the last time I see her for a few weeks. Oh well, as soon as this little chapter of my life is over, me and her are going to get the hell out of Dodge for a weekend. Someplace where there is no chance I will see anyone I know and someplace where I will not have any chance of seeing an Army uniform. I think I will just need to decompress and get away from it all. I will have earned it, and it gives me something to look forward too. Also as soon as this is over I am going to go to an AA meeting and collect my 60 and 90 day chips at the same time. Since I am not allowed to leave base to go to a meeting. I am still in constant contact with my sponsor, though. Anyway, time to go to lunch. I hope you all had a safe and sober weekend. Take Care.

3 comments:

Bill said...

Time can seem to crawl by at times on a moment to moment basis, but when you get through it it won't seem so long. Keep yur eyes on the bigger picture. There can be a great deal of grace found in menial taks. Plus, you have a chance to learn a lot in the meantime.
Congratulations on your chips! Keep coming back!

dAAve said...

It seems very strange that there are no AA meetings available to you -- on or off base.

Mary Christine said...

I have to tell you, your title gives me a little shiver. It sounds like you are only planning on staying sober for 40 more days. I hope that is not the case.

Take good care. When you are at Ft. Carson, there are many good meetings in the Springs.