Friday, June 6, 2008

Day 50

Well its the big 5-0. I am looking forward to 60. It should go by pretty fast, because I am going to be on the go for the next 42 days. That is how many days of extra duty I have left. I am on lunch so I have to make this brief. My new Sergent is in charge of my extra duty, and let me tell you, he may have saved my ass with the Colonel, as I said in my previous post, but it hasn't come without it's price. He is going to keep me busy. Today I had to pick up trash around post and this afternoon I am cleaning out the bookshelves at the library. At least its inside. I will gladly do anything this man asks of me. He even told me something else this morning that just reinforced the fact that this man was an answer to prayer. He told me that he went to talk with the post Sergent Major, the same one that treated me like crap and really wanted to kick me out of the Army, and he reiterated his opinion to my Sergent. He even told him that he was going to call my Command Sergent Major and try to talk him into putting in the paperwork to get me out. He really has it out for me. But my Sergent said that he would talk to him and tell him that he would put in his retirement papers or ask for reassignment if that were to happen. Basically he is willing to put his career on the line to protect me. And he told me that I don't have anything to fear from him. You couldn't ask for a better Sergent. And as far as the Post Sergent Major is concerned I have decided to make it my mission to do everything I can to change his opinion of me, and for him to see that I do deserve to remain in the Army. I can't guarantee that I will be successful. All I can do is try. Well back to work. I hope you all have a happy sober day. Take Care.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad things are working out OK. You might want to start spelling your superiors "Sergeant". Keep up the good work.

The Sober Alcoholic Soldier said...

Thanks for the comment Mr. Dictionary. :) But the spell check didn't say anything so I didn't notice.

Zanejabbers said...

Fifty down and 10 to go. I just gets better when you turn it over.
I am so happy for you.

dAAve said...

You take care too.

Kathy Lynne said...

Progress not perfection. And you are making great progress. I think you will find as you progress through sobriety and start practicing the principles of AA in all your affairs that mean old Sargeant Major WILL turnaround. I think that is what is called a living amends.