Friday, May 30, 2008

Day 43

I am off to Salt Lake for the weekend. This will be my last weekend of freedom for a while so I am going to enjoy it. I am finally going to Ft Carson, on Monday, to officially receive my punishment. I did get preliminary word that I will only be getting a Article 15 and not getting kicked out of the Army, which is definitely good news, but nothing is set in stone yet so I will just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. As a result of the article 15 I will lose some rank, one months pay and 45 days of extra duty and 45 days of restriction. Which means I will be working up to 16 hours a day for the next 45 days and I can't leave base for the same amount of time. Oh well, at least I will be sleeping in my own bed every night. In fact, I think that I am probably going to get off lite considering how drunk I was when I got behind the wheel and given the potential for me hurting someone as a result. Either way I am just glad that the waiting is finally going to be over. Well I hope all of you out there have a great weekend. Take Care.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to hear about life in the army, as I could never in a million years imagine myself being a soldier - too rebellious, can't take orders at all. I look forward to reading more, and I hope that those 45 days pass quickly.

Bill said...

You have the right attitude about the situation to stay sober. Good for you, and good luck, soldier.

dAAve said...

Thanks for the update.
Take care of yourself and come back and check in when you can.

Zanejabbers said...

Good things come to good people. 43 already. WOW!